7.29.2011

I will follow you with my whole life.

I really need to start this up again! Not for anyone, but for myself.
I'm a strong believer in letting your emotions go with writing, so here it goes.

"So this is my life, and I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

I want to start reading again! So badly. I miss it. This summer has been so insanely busy for me. With eight hour days of work four days a week, and trying to hang out with my friends that are leaving for college. However, this is probably the best summer I've ever had. I've found out so many things about myself and have been learning so many things from others! I absolutely love it.
However, the books I have read this summer have been:
-127 Hours
-The DaVinci Code
-Into the Wild

All incredible books, but I need more!

ALSO. Music. Music has been huge for me lately.
-Mumford and Sons=absolutely incredible. I would marry Marcus Mumford

"Can you kneel before the king and say, 'I'm clean?' I'm clean..."
Heavenly voices and lyrics.

-Bon Iver
Love. Love. Love.

"I toured a light. So many foreign roads. For Emma, forever ago."

-Lissie
SHE'S SO GOOD!

"And I fall on my knees; tell me how's the way to go. Tell me how's the way to be to envoke some empathy."

Hiking. I've done a lot of hiking this summer and I absolutely adore it. Being in the wild puts me in complete bliss.

-Also. You know those things that happen and you hate it... And then a couple of days later something happens and it turns out if that bad thing didn't happen to you, you wouldn't be able to experience this other wonderful thing?
Yeah, I've had a lot of that this summer. I'm learning to be grateful for all of the experiences I go through and all of the trials I accomplish because those things really shape you into who you are and who you are capable of becoming.

 "Noble and great. Courageous and determined. Faithful and fearless. That is who you are, and that is who you have always been. Understanding that truth can change your life, because this knowledge carries a confidence that cannot be duplicated any other way." -Sheri Dew

This quote explains perfectly what I've been through this summer. Understanding where I come from, who I'm supposed to be, and what I can accomplish. It's been one great summer. And I'm sad it's coming to a close! However, I'm completely excited for this fall and all of the possiblities it holds in store for me.


"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." -C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment